Friday, September 9, 2016

My Style

My primary medium is photography. All art speaks to me in some way, however photography is the most enjoyable art form for me when I am creating. Graphic design is something I have always been attracted to, though. Over the years I've figured out that I am actually not that bad at it. I used to be intimidated by it, but I think that is also because I was young and was not quite familiar with the principles of design. I love art because there is no right or wrong. It's freeing. So figuring out my style in design is really just putting into words what I tend to move towards; what I enjoy about design.


























As I included in my mood board, three particular elements/techniques stand out to me and speak to me in a way more than the others: Texture, simplicity and layers. Combining those with images that I saw fit, below is what I came up with. It took many tries to come to a conclusion on a layout. And ironically, as one of my words is "simplicity", my mood board only ended up using three images. I think this is great start and I look forward to possibly creating more mood boards as inspiration and reference points.


No comments:

Post a Comment