Friday, September 16, 2016

Letter Design

          I really loved this practice! Each art board came together nicely. It was a little difficult choosing a letterform, however I wanted it to be interesting, so something with curves and more than one line was ideal. Naturally, my process was to turn, flip and duplicate the letter until I found something I desired.



          I knew I wanted to add color. I definitely love black and white and I know the designs would have looked good with that contrast, but now that I look at the color scheme in accordance to the typeface I chose for the letterform, the feelings I get from these designs is are fun/warm/delicious. The way the "W" drips down reminds me of ice cream or whipped cream. I think the colors effectively compliment that feature. 
          I would continue this exercise with other letters; I think this can create really simple and beautiful designs for personal use/wallpaper/logos/etc. 

                     




No comments:

Post a Comment